Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Manifesto

Every time I start a blog, I feel the need to open with a "manifesto" ish post wherein I attempt to explain the purpose of the publication, and what I aim to get out of writing it. This blog should be no exception.
As some of you may or may not know, I am currently a first year student at the MIT Sloan School of Management. My background is primarily in Software development, having worked on a number of both Academic projects and Commercial projects during my time as an undergraduate. During my time at Trinity College in Hartford, I founded a small software development firm which focuses primarily on developing cluster scheduling software. We also have been known to work on a number of other projects where low overhead due to our existing assets coupled with a small amount of up front effort to go to market have provided a few financial opportunities.
The function of this blog is to, agian, (as almost all of my blogs do already) function as a sort of bit bucket for ideas that I come up with or thoughts that I have which simply cannot be squeezed into my day to day life. I have already done this a few times with my musings on tech and economics. This blog is about product development. It's specific focus is on bootstrapped projects, accidental innovation, and things that make good weekend endeavors. I am all for forming small groups to explore new ideas, and have far too often been frustrated by how difficult it is to efficiently capture all of the cool things that these groups typically produce. Hopefully I'll also be able to advertise a few groups and projects on this blog in order to attract other people who might be intersted in forming some simple teams.
I'm going to also post periodic notes and such just based on my own product development musings, which will hopefully prove somewhat interesting (at the very least, they will be interesting and useful to think through while writing).
This more or less captures the general point of this blog. I am anxious to follow this post up with one about an actual product development aspect that I have been considering during the day today.

No comments:

Post a Comment